Is it time to you had a cleanse?
A dietary cleanse aims to remove toxins that have built up in the body. This is achieved by:
· eliminating certain foods. Examples of common toxins are processed sugar (without vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fibre or protein), caffeine, colours, additives, alcohol, drugs and chemicals found in everything from toothpaste to deodorant.
· avoiding alcohol and caffeine
· loading up on fresh fruit and vegetables
· consuming detoxification supporting foods
· reducing animal products
· and rehydrating with plenty of water – Aim to drink 30ml of clean water per kg of body weight. Egg 100kg means 3 liters per day.
Detox the mind:
While you’re detoxing the body, it’s good to clear the clutter from the mind too. Aim for 5 minutes of meditation/quiet time per day. If you don’t know how to meditate, try slow breathing.
· Breathe in through your nose, counting slowly to 4 counts
· Hold for 4 counts
· Breathe out for 8 counts
· Do this breathing for 5 minutes each day
If you want to start some healthy new habits this year, a personal trainer can help to guide you on lifestyle changes that get real results.
We have some of the best Personal Trainers in Manly or Northern Beaches.